Tour starts on every single THURSDAY.
Tour code: C-450
Tour starts on every single THURSDAY.
Tour code: C-450
- accommodation in **** hotels
- 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- modern and air-conditioned bus
- multi-lingual tour escort
- sightseeing tour with local guide in Sevilla, Granada and Toledo
- tickets to Alhambra in Granada
- tickets to St. Tome Church in Toledo
- travel insurance
- free Wi- Fi on board
- porter service (1 suitcase per person)
This is a five-day tour to the Southern regions of Spain, where you will see the best of Andalusia and the famous coastline - Costa del Sol.
From Madrid you'll travel to Caceres - a medieval-walled city in the region of Extremadura. From there you will head down to Andalusia and spend a couple of nights in Seville. From there, you will pass through the ancient village of Ronda, with its Roman Bridge to Marbella - a city on the Costa del Sol. After some fabulous R&R on the beach, you'll relocate to Granada - another Andalusian town full of historical and cultural sights.
We round off this amazing tour by visiting the former capital of Spain – Toledo, on your way back to Madrid.
Day 1. Madrid - Caceres - Sevilla (560km ~ 348 miles)
Departure from the bus terminal in Madrid at 8.00 in the morning to the beautiful region of Extremadura, where you will make a first stop in Caceres, - beautiful town, founded by the Romans in 25 BC. There you will have free time to explore the charming old town, - ‘Parte Antigua’, with its medieval quarter, tiny streets and ancient walls. Caceres was declared a World Heritage City by UNESCO in 1986 because of the city's unique blend of Roman, Moorish, Northern Gothic and Italian Renaissance architecture. Later you will take the highway towards Andalusia, with a first overnight stay in Sevilla. Check in and dinner.
Day 2. Seville
A city tour with a local guide to see Seville’s most beautiful places and notorious sights:
After the city tour you will have the afternoon off to rest or explore more on your own.
You can also join an optional tour to the Reales Alcazares (Royal Palaces of Seville).
Dinner and a night in Seville.
Day 3. Seville - Ronda - Marbella (190km ~ 118 miles)
On your way to Costa del Sol you will check out some beautiful white villages as well as the roman village, Ronda, founded by Romans, and situated in a very mountainous area around 750 meters above sea level.
It is famous for its three bridges:
that span the canyon. After some free time, there you will continue to the coastal city of Marbella, located on the Costa del Sol, translated as the Sunny Coast. Marbella is known as a very rich city, where famous actors, singers, and other well-known people from all over the world permanently reside or spend their vacations. Seeing famous people, especially actors, is a common occurrence here.
Arrival in Marbella during the late afternoon. You can take a swim, walk along the promenade, relax and enjoy the sunset on the beach.
Dinner and a night in Marbella.
Day 4. Marbella - Granada (180km ~ 112 miles)
After breakfast you will continue to Granada. Here you are going to visit the impressive monumental complex, the fortresses La Alhambra, with its typical Arabian palaces Nazaries, and its green picturesque Generalife Gardens. Besides Granada´s absolutely awesome and historical sights, this city is known as one of Andalusia’s hippest, most youthful places, with a free tapas culture (when you get a free ´tapa´ or snack, along with every drink ordered), cool bars and intimate flamenco haunts.
In the evening you will have the opportunity to visit the Sacromonte caves and experience a magnificent Zambra flamenco show.
Dinner and accommodation.
Day 5. Granada - Toledo - Madrid (446km ~ 277 miles)
In the morning of your last day you will leave Granada and make your way towards the imperial city of Toledo - a former capital of Spain, a place where Muslims, Christians and Jews lived together for centuries. After lunch you will enjoy a walking tour where you can stroll through narrow and charming streets, see old squares, thick walls, and fully immerse yourself into the real atmosphere of a medieval town.
You´ll visit the church of St Tome, with its famous paintings of El Greco, and the Synagogue of St. Mary.
Later, you´ll pay a visit to the factory where jewelry and other items were produced from the infamous Damascus steel. Toledo was for its swords, made from excellent, high quality Damascus steel many centuries ago.
In the early evening, you will head back to the starting point of the tour - Madrid.
Arrival and end of the tour.
Please click here to see the route on a map.
Please click here to see the optional day trips for this tour.
Want to see more of the lovely coast? Here we have the perfect option: Caceres and Costa del Sol.
Per person in double/twin room: 610€
Single Supplement: 165€
Supplement July to Oct.: 35€
Supplement for departure on April 11, 18, 25 and May 2, 9: 100€
- Children less than 4 years old: free, without granted seat in the bus
- Children between 4 and 7 years old: 25% discount off adult price, in a room with adults
- Teenagers between 8 and 18 years old: 5% discount off adult price
- Seniors (65+ years old): 5% discount off adult price
- Third person in triple room: 5%
Discounts cannot be combined.
The Silken Al-Andalus Palace**** This hotel is located among the gardens of the Heliopolis neighborhood and close to the María Luisa Park and Plaza de España, in the southern part of the city, a short walk from the historic center of the Andalusian capital. Rooms are spacious, full of natural light, comfort and serenity. Among the services of the Silken Al-Andalus you will find a fantastic outdoor pool, with bar service. The hotel also offers a gym, beauty salon, as well as terraces, gardens and open spaces to relax in.
The NH Marbella**** hotel is an ideal place for exploring Marbella’s upmarket shops, bars and restaurants. It’s located along the ‘Golden Mile’, roughly halfway between the city center and famous Puerto Banus. It is less than 10 minutes walking to the beach. Hotel’s 163 rooms are spacious, modern and comfortable. They all have balconies and many come with mountain or sea views. Free Wi-Fi, air conditioning and satellite TV are standard. Hotel’s restaurant serves classic Mediterranean dishes. In spring and summer you can dine outside on beautiful terrace. In the gardens, you’ll find a pool with a poolside bar, also hotel possess a free gym.
Los Angeles and Spa**** hotel located right in the heart of Granada, close to La Alhambra’s peaceful and quite residential area. This recently refurbished family hotel is perfectly equipped to provide the most relaxed stay for its customers. Comprised of 6 floors, the Los Angeles & Spa offers a number of facilities amongst which is Spa, equipped with 2 pools, and massage rooms with bathrobes. During the evenings, guests can enjoy typical Andalusian dishes before relaxing with a cocktail at the bar.
In some cases hotels can be substituted with the ones of the same category and level.
Here we put together answers to all the questions we constantly receive regarding our tours. Although much of this info you can find under ‘’Overview’’, ‘’Itinerary’’ and ‘’Prices’’ sections, we decided to simplify the task for you and put it all below:
Are your tours really for individuals, families, small groups of friends?
- Yes. Our tours are for single travelers, couples, families, and groups of friends, whom we put together with other travelers to form a larger group for a tour.
How many people are normally on a tour?
- We can never tell exactly (neither guarantee) how many people will be on the specific route. Normally, it is about 10-20 persons in a group. In some cases, it could be more, in other days you travel with just a few more people or even by your party only. In summer (high season) groups tend to be larger, in winter – smaller. Also, it is possible that on different sections of the route number of travelers will change. For example, if you are on the trip of 10 days, there could be travelers that only do a 5-day trip and after your paths will split.
Is there is a guide in the bus?
- Yes. An accompanying guide (tour leader) is with a group during the whole trip, except for the routes when just a very few people are signed up. Those small groups will be travelling with an experienced and English speaking driver-guide. For the city tours, we use local professional and licensed guides.
In what languages guides explain?
- In English and Spanish, all our tour guides speak both languages fluently. If happens that there are only English speaking clients are on a bus, tour will be run in English only.
When during the year do you run your tours?
- Most of our tours are running all year long. Some (to northern parts of Spain, for example) – are only running from March till October. In any case, under each tour’s description it says exactly when it runs. Example: ‘’Sundays all year’’ - means that on every single Sunday of the year the tour will start, no matter how many people signed up, even if it’s you only.
What cities tours start from?
- Madrid and Barcelona (also says in the description of each specific tour – where it starts). First four tours on the list are from Barcelona, the rest from Madrid.
What are the meeting points for the tours?
- In Madrid, it is Calle Ferraz 3 (Ferraz str., 3). The meeting point is in the City center, one of the streets right off Plaza Espana.
- In Barcelona, it is the reception of Hotel ‘’Catalunya Barcelona 505’’ (address: Carrer de Muntaner, 505, 08022 Barcelona)
Do you pick up from the hotels on the first day of the tour?
- By default, not. We do not pick up from the hotels, because that would delay the tour scientifically. Sometimes the groups get larger and to pick up everybody from their hotels would take us half of the day.
However – if your hotel is on the way of the bus route on leaving day, - we will pick you up. So, one week before travel we ask you to give us your hotel name in Madrid, and then we can tell if you can be picked up directly from your hotel or must go to meeting point at 7.45am.
In Barcelona, it is always a meeting point at the reception of ‘’Catalunya Barcelona 505’’ hotel.
What type of vehicles do you use?
- Buses for larger groups and minibuses for smaller ones. Vehicles are modern and with air- conditioning.
Are meals included?
- Lunches and dinners are included everywhere where it’s mentioned in the itinerary (section ‘’Itinerary”). Buffet Breakfasts are included every morning in all hotels you are staying in during your tour.
I am a vegetarian or allergic to certain products, any problem?
-No problems at all. Just tell this to our tour leader and he’ll advise and help. On top, many dinners are buffet, so you can simply choose what you like. For allergics, if in doubts, please remind your case to tour leader in the restaurants, or ask staff about content of the dishes.
What time are you coming back to Madrid on the last day of travel? Can I book a flight on the same day, flying out of Spain?
- Normally we return to Madrid between 17.00 and 19.00 on the last day of excursion (depending on the specific tour). However, it is not recommended to book the flight out on this same evening/night, as traffic jams in Madrid or other possible delays may cause you being late for your flight.
I need a night in the hotel or transfer from/to airport to be booked before or after the tour.
- Sure. Just let us know about it.
Can I just show up for the trip without reservation and pay directly in the office, on the spot?
- Unfortunately, not. The tour needs to be booked in advance, as we need to make all the arrangements beforehand.
How long in advance should I book a trip?
- If you book at least 2 weeks in advance, the trip is guaranteed for you. It is recommendable to book even earlier, if possible. Requests that we receive in less than 2 weeks in 80% of the cases are fine as well, just contact us.
Can I customize one of the tours for myself?
- No, as in each tour there are more people. However, if you are a group of 20+ persons, the route can be customized upon your request as the tour could be run privately for your group. Please ask us regarding conditions.
What is the process of booking?
- It is very simple. Once you have chosen the tour, 6 steps need to be done:
a) you confirm the tour to us by e-mail, indicating starting date, tour code, number of persons travelling and their names.
b) we send you an invoice
c) you pay 10% to book the tour
d) we issue the confirmation
e) 2 weeks before starting date you pay the rest
f) you show up for the tour on appointed date and time
How much should I pay and when?
- We require 10% in the moment of reservation, and 90% in no less than 2 weeks before the trip
How would I pay?
- You can pay in one of four ways:
1) Bank wire to our company’s bank account. All our bank details are always on the invoice that you receive.
2) We can charge your credit card. Please keep in mind that in this case we must charge 2% on top of the amount (bank charges), we need you to sign an Authorization form and you need to send us your passport copy and copy of the credit card (just front) to verify the ownership.
3) Western Union (normally for the short-notice reservations, and when amount needs to be received urgently)
4) Transferwise.com – an online system allowing to transfer funds, paying very small commissions.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
- 10% paid at the time of reservation is non-refundable. The other 90% are fully refundable, if cancelled in no less than 2 weeks (in case if you paid 100% right away at the time of reservations). There are no refunds for cancellations made in less than 2 weeks before the trip.
Are there any discounts?
- Yes. Discounts are listed under the section ‘’Prices’’.
Are the taxes included in your prices?
- VAT and Tourist Taxes are always included, except for Tourist Tax of Cataluña (region where Barcelona is located) that needs to be paid at the hotel. The amount is currently 1 euro per person and per night.
Most of the multiday tours start and finish is in Madrid. But what are the options for a Day Tours and excursions in Madrid self, if we have few days in the Capital before or after multiday tour?
- We have numerous day tours around Madrid and to surroundings, if you have time before or after your multiday tour. Please check our separate website for the options. If you start from Barcelona and have some free time there, please check this link.
How do I know if I need a visa for Spain or Morocco?
- Please check the information on the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain and the visa requirements for Morocco you can find here. On all trips to Morocco you also need to make sure that your Schengen visa will allow you a multiply entrance to European Union as you must enter Spain once again.
I am ready to go ahead and book one of your tours, but I need Visa to enter Spain.
- Yes, we help our customers to get Visa, after a trip is confirmed and the deposit is paid. As we are a fully licensed tour operator in Spain, we write to Spanish Embassy/Consulate sealed and signed letter where we confirm that you booked and partly (or fully) paid a tour with us. Please note, that we do not guarantee the issue of visa, neither can influence the process, - the decision is always up to the Embassy, as they have their own rules and regulations for each country, - but we do everything that depends on us to help you.