Tour starts on every single SATURDAY from March 30th to October 26th.
Tour code: C-60102
Tour starts on every single SATURDAY from March 30th to October 26th.
Tour code: C-60102
- accommodation in **** hotels
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- modern and air-conditioned bus
- multi-lingual tour escort
- sightseeing tour with local guide in Porto, Lisbon, Sevilla, Granada and Toledo
- tickets to St. Geronimus Monastery
- tickets to Alhambra in Granada
- ticket to St. Tome Church in Toledo
- visit to a wine cellar with tasting of Porto wine
- travel insurance
- free Wi- Fi on board
- porter service (1 suitcase per person)
Welcome to a tour that combines a magnificent adventure to the most important spots in Portugal, Andalusia and the Southern Coast of Spain --the Costa del Sol.
You will see the main cities of Andalusia, Seville and Granada, truly encompasses the spirit of the Spanish culture. Guitars, flamenco, wine, tapas, and passionate people – characteristics that are authentically Spanish and what you will find on this trip. Old cathedrals, stunning medieval palaces, beautiful gardens and a 1000-years of history waiting to be discovered. On your way to Portugal you'll pass through the town of Avila, notorious for its walls, and UNESCO Heritage site; and the old city of Salamanca.
Of course, you must the most interesting sights of Lisbon and Porto. The old fisherman’s town of Oporto, that is now a main port and the second largest region in the country; Coimbra with its ancient university; Fatima - one of the main pilgrimage centers in Europe, and of course, unforgettable Lisbon, the capital of Portugal.
The tour also includes visits to the ancient Spanish towns of Caceres, Ronda and Toledo, not forgetting a fabulous half-day at the beach on the beautiful Costa del Sol in Marbella.
Day 1. Madrid - Avila - Salamanca - Oporto (568km ~ 353 miles)
Departure from our bus terminal at 08.00 in the morning to beautiful Avila - an ancient town, surrounded by imposing walls, comprising eight monumental gates, 88 watchtowers and more than 2500 turrets. It is one of the best-preserved medieval bastions in Spain. After some free time you will proceed to the student town of Salamanca - a city of rare beauty, awash with golden sandstone overlaid with ochre-tinted Latin inscriptions; an extraordinary virtuosity of plateresque and Renaissance styles. Once you reach Salamanca you will have a free time to visit the Old Town and its famous Plaza Mayor. Continuation to Oporto. Check in and accommodation.
Day 2. Oporto
Breakfast, then a city tour to explore this lovely town, which is part of the World Heritage Sites of UNESCO, and it's the second largest city in Portugal after Lisbon. During the panoramic excursion, you will discover the Cathedral and the Santa Clara Church, while enjoying the colorful and picturesque landscape.
At the end of the day, you will be escorted to a local winery to get a taste of the world-famous Porto Wine, Vino de Porto.
Free evening and another night in Oporto.
Day 3. Oporto - Coimbra (120km ~ 75 miles)
Departure to Coimbra, - an ancient capital of Portugal and home of the country's oldest University (founded in 1290). Coimbra played an important role in Portuguese history, and now it is an important cultural center. Coimbra offers an outstanding example of an integrated university city with a specific urban typology as well as its own ceremonial and cultural traditions that have been kept alive through the ages. Its historical buildings were classified as a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 2013. Free time to explore the city. Accommodation and dinner.
Day 4. Coimbra - Fatima - Lisbon (222km ~ 138 miles)
In the morning you will leave Coimbra behind and depart to Fatima - an important pilgrimage center known for its Marian apparitions that occurred in Cova da Iria in 1917 and which were later recognized by the Catholic Church. After some free time to visit the Basilica you will continue to the capital of Portugal - Lisbon. At night optional visit of a Fado show (typical portuguese guitar play). Accommodation.
Day 5. Lisbon
After breakfast you will join a sightseeing tour to discover the beauty of the city, located at the mouth of the River Tagus. You will see the oldest district of Lisbon - the Alfama Quarter, the fortified Tower of Belem, that was built to commemorate Vasco da Gama’s expedition, and the Jeronimos Monastery, which was classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as many other impressive sights. During the second half of the day, you are free to explore the city on your own. It is recommended to try a famous Portuguese pastry (‘’pastel de nata’’).
Optional excursions to the beautiful suburbs of Lisbon - Sintra, Cascais and Estoril - are possible. Accommodation. Another night in Lisbon.
Day 6. Lisbon - Caceres - Sevilla (568km ~ 353 miles)
Breakfast. Departure towards Spain.
Crossing the border to go back to the Spanish region of Extremadura, this time to Caceres - a town founded by the Romans in 25 BC. There you will have free time to explore the charming Old Town (‘Parte Antigua’), with tiny streets, thick walls and a great medieval atmosphere. Caceres was declared a World Heritage City by UNESCO in 1986 because of the city's unique blend of Roman, Moorish, Northern Gothic and Italian Renaissance architecture.
After a break you will take the highway towards Andalusia with a first overnight stop in Seville.
Dinner and accommodation.
Day 7. Seville
A city tour with a local guide to see Seville’s most beautiful places and notorious sights:
After the city tour you will have the afternoon off to rest or explore more on your own.
You can also join an optional tour to the Reales Alcazares (Royal Palaces of Seville).
Dinner and a night in Seville.
Day 8. Seville - Ronda - Marbella (190km ~ 118 miles)
On your way to Costa del Sol you will check out some beautiful white villages as well as the roman village, Ronda, founded by Romans, and situated in a very mountainous area around 750 meters above sea level.
It is famous for its three bridges:
that span the canyon. After some free time, there you will continue to the coastal city of Marbella, located on the Costa del Sol, translated as the Sunny Coast. Marbella is known as a very rich city, where famous actors, singers, and other well-known people from all over the world permanently reside or spend their vacations. Seeing famous people, especially actors, is a common occurrence here.
Arrival in Marbella during the late afternoon. You can take a swim, walk along the promenade, relax and enjoy the sunset on the beach.
Dinner and a night in Marbella.
Day 9. Marbella - Granada (180km ~ 112 miles)
After breakfast you will continue to Granada. Here you are going to visit the impressive monumental complex, the fortresses La Alhambra, with its typical Arabian palacesNazaries, and its green picturesque Generalife Gardens. Besides Granada´s absolutely awesome and historical sights, this city is known as one of Andalusia’s hippest, most youthful places, with a free tapas culture (when you get a free ´tapa´ or snack, along with every drink ordered), cool bars and intimate flamenco haunts.
In the evening you will have the opportunity to visit the Sacromonte caves and experience a magnificent Zambra flamenco show.
Dinner and accommodation.
Day 10. Granada - Toledo - Madrid (446km ~ 227 miles)
In the morning of your last day you will leave Granada and make your way towards the imperial city of Toledo - a former capital of Spain, a place where Muslims, Christians and Jews lived together for centuries. After lunch you will enjoy a walking tour where you can stroll through narrow and charming streets, see old squares, thick walls, and fully immerse yourself into the real atmosphere of a medieval town.
You´ll visit the church of St Tome, with its famous paintings of El Greco, and the Synagogue of St. Mary.
Later, you´ll pay a visit to the factory where jewelry and other items were produced from the infamous Damascus steel. Toledo was for its swords, made from excellent, high quality Damascus steel many centuries ago.
In the early evening, you will head back to the starting point of the tour - Madrid.
Arrival and end of the tour.
Please click here to see the route on a map.
Please click here to see the optional day trips for this tour.
Do you have a few more days left in Spain? This could be the perfect tour: Portugal, Andalusia & Mediterranean Coast
Per person in double/twin room: 1150€
Single Supplement: 360€
Supplement July to Oct.: 65€
Supplement for departure on Apr 6, 13, 20, 27, May 4: 100€
- Children less than 4 years old: free, without granted seat in the bus
- Children between 4 and 7 years old: 25% discount off adult price, in a room with adults
- Teenagers between 8 and 18 years old: 5% discount off adult price
- Seniors (65+ years old): 5% discount off adult price
- Third person in triple room: 5%
Discounts cannot be combined.
The hotel Eurostars Oporto**** is a modern, newly-built hotel boasting an optimal location very near the main entrances to the city. The Hospital São João, the most important universities and the Das Antas zone, the home to Oporto's Do Dragão football stadium, are all just a few minutes away from the Oporto hotel. The modern, attractive building houses a highly functional hotel in Oporto with 64 apartments. Because of its location, features and comfort, it is a great option for pleasure travel.
The hotel Tryp Coimbra**** is located in short distance from the historic centre, the University of Coimbra, the Botanical Gardens, Celas Convent, Jardim da Sereia and the Machado Castro Museum. With its spacious, bright and modern rooms, the Tryp Coimbra is the best option for discovering this fantastic Portuguese city.
Olissippo Marques de Sa****. This hotel, opened in 1996 and completely refurbished in 2009, is located in one of the most elegant areas of the city, near the famous shopping center "El Corte Ingles", Gulbenkian museum and few underground stations. Your stay in one of the 169 luxury rooms will definitely be a pleasant one.
Silken Al-Andalus Palace**** This hotel is located among the gardens of the Heliopolis neighborhood and close to the María Luisa Park and Plaza de España, in the southern part of the city, a short walk from the historic center of the Andalusian capital. Rooms are spacious, full of natural light, comfort and serenity. Among the services of the Silken Al-Andalus you will find a fantastic outdoor pool, with bar service. The hotel also offers a gym, beauty salon, as well as terraces, gardens and open spaces to relax in.
The NH Marbella**** hotel is an ideal place for exploring Marbella’s upmarket shops, bars and restaurants. It’s located along the ‘Golden Mile’, roughly halfway between the city center and famous Puerto Banus. It is less than 10 minutes walking to the beach. Hotel’s 163 rooms are spacious, modern and comfortable. They all have balconies and many come with mountain or sea views. Free Wi-Fi, air conditioning and satellite TV are standard. Hotel’s restaurant serves classic Mediterranean dishes. In spring and summer you can dine outside on beautiful terrace. In the gardens, you’ll find a pool with a poolside bar, also hotel possess a free gym.
Los Angeles and Spa**** hotel located right in the heart of Granada, close to La Alhambra’s peaceful and quite residential area. This recently refurbished family hotel is perfectly equipped to provide the most relaxed stay for its customers. Comprised of 6 floors, the Los Angeles & Spa offers a number of facilities amongst which is Spa, equipped with 2 pools, and massage rooms with bathrobes. During the evenings, guests can enjoy typical Andalusian dishes before relaxing with a cocktail at the bar.
In some cases hotels can be substituted with the ones of the same category and level.
Here you will find commonly asked questions regarding our tours. Although you can find most of the information under the ''Overview'', ''Itinerary'' and ''Prices'' sections, we decided to lay it out below:
Are the tours for individuals, families, small groups of friends?
- Yes. Our tours are for single travelers, couples, families, and groups of friends whom we put together with other travelers to form a larger group.
How many people are normally included on a tour?
- We cannot guarantee an exact number per tour. Normally it ranges from 10-20 people per group, but these numbers can vary greatly depending on the season in question. In summer, groups tend to be larger as this is a popular time of year while the Winter season usually attracts smaller groups. There are certain tours that combine travelers if the destinations follow the same routes, e.g., you may be on a 10-day tour package with companions travelling on a 5-day package. The tour will cover the same areas and the 5-day package guests will break off thereafter.
Is there is a guide in the bus?
- Yes. An accompanying guide (tour leader) usually travels with the group during the entire tour. An exception may occur when there are minimal numbers signed up for a particular tour. These small groups will travel with an experienced, English-speaking driver/guide. For the city tours, we use local professionals and licensed guides.
What languages do the guides use?
- English and Spanish. All our tour guides speak both languages fluently. If a tour group consists of an English-speaking group only, the tour will run in English.
Do your tours run during certain times of the year?
- Most of our tours run all year long. Some tours, e.g., those running to the northern regions of Spain, only run from March till October. Each tour’s description provides all the relevant information needed For example: ''Sundays all year'' means that a tour will start on every Sunday of the year, regardless of the numbers.
What cities do the tours start from?
- The first four tours start in Madrid and the rest start in Barcelona, however the description for each tour is listed.
Where are the meeting points for the tours?
- In Madrid, it is Calle Ferraz 3 (Ferraz str., 3). The meeting point is in the City center, right off Plaza España.
- In Barcelona, it is in the reception of the Hotel ‘’Catalunya Barcelona 505’’, Carrer de Muntaner, 505, 08022, Barcelona.
Do you pick up from the hotels on the first day of the tour?
- By default, no. We do not pick up from hotels because that would delay the tour launch time.
However - if your hotel is enroute, using the same bus route on launch day, we will pick you up. A week before travel, we require the name of your hotel in Madrid, and will inform you if you can be picked up directly from your hotel or need to head over to the meeting point at 7.45am.
In Barcelona, the meeting point is always in the reception of the ''Catalunya Barcelona 505'' hotel.
What type of vehicles do you use?
- Buses for larger groups and minibuses for smaller ones. Vehicles are modern with air- conditioning.
Are meals included?
- Lunches and dinners are included anywhere that's mentioned in the itinerary (section ''Itinerary''). Buffet breakfasts are included every morning in all hotels our guests occupy during their tour.
I am a vegetarian or allergic to certain products, any problem?
- No problems at all. Inform the tour leader and he will assist you. On a side note, many dinners are of the buffet-type, so you can simply choose what you prefer. For those with allergies, if in doubt, please remind tour leader during mealtimes. Alternatively, ask the restaurant staff about the content of the dishes.
What time do you depart for Madrid on the last day of travel? Can I book a flight on the same day, flying out of Spain?
- Normally we return to Madrid between 17.00 and 19.00 on the last day of the excursion (depending on the specific tour). However, it is not recommended to book the flight out on the same evening/night, as traffic jams in Madrid or other possible events may delay your flight.
I need a night in the hotel or transfer from/to the airport to be booked before or after the tour.
- Sure. Just let us know when.
Can I just show up for the trip without reservation and pay directly in the office, on the spot?
- Unfortunately, not. The tour must be booked in advance, as we need to make all the arrangements beforehand.
How long in advance should I book a trip?
- If you book at least 2 weeks in advance, the trip is guaranteed, though we recommend booking even earlier, if possible. Requests received with less than 2 weeks to go prior to launch date, usually work out 80% of the time, just contact us.
Can I customize one of the tours for myself?
- No. However, if you are a group of 20+ persons, the route can be customized upon your request as the tour could be run privately for your group. Please contact us regarding the terms and conditions.
What is the booking process?
- It is very simple. Once you have chosen the tour, there are 6 steps:
a) you confirm the tour by e-mail, indicating starting date, tour code, number of persons travelling and their names,
b) we send you an invoice,
c) you pay 10% to book the tour,
d) we issue the confirmation,
e) 2 weeks before the starting date, you pay the rest of the monies due, and
f) you show up for the tour on the appointed date and time.
How much should I pay and when?
- We require a 10% deposit during reservation, and the remaining 90% in no less than 2 weeks before the tour commences.
How would I pay?
- You can pay in one of four ways:
1) Bank wire to our company’s bank account. Our banking details are included on the invoice that you receive,
2) We can charge your credit card. Please keep in mind that in this case we charge an additional 2% on top of the amount (bank charges), we need you to sign an Authorization form and you need to send us your passport copy and copy of the credit card (the front) to verify ownership,
3) Western Union (normally for short-notice reservations, and when amount needs to be received urgently), and
4) Transferwise.com – an online system allowing the transfer of funds. There is a small commission attached.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
- 10% paid at the time of reservation is non-refundable. The other 90% is fully refundable if cancelled in no less than 2 weeks (e.g., if you paid 100% upfront during reservation). There are no refunds for cancellations made with less than 2 weeks to go before the trip.
Are there any discounts?
- Yes. Discounts are listed under the section ''Prices''.
Are taxes included in the tour prices?
- VAT and Tourist Taxes are always included, except for the Tourist Tax in Cataluña (the region where Barcelona is located) that needs to be paid at the hotel. The amount is currently 1 euro/person and per night.
Most of the multi-day tours start and ends in Madrid. What are the options for a “Day Tour” and excursions in Madrid on my own/o, if we have a few days in the Capital before or after a multi-day tour?
- We have numerous day tours around Madrid and to the surrounding areas. If you have time before or after your multi-day tour, please check our website for options. If you wish to start in Barcelona, please check this link.
How do I know if I need a visa for Spain or Morocco?
- Please check the visa information on the official website for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Spain. The visa requirements for Morocco can be found here. Please note that all trips to Morocco will require your Schengen visa to be of an ''multiple entry'', as you will enter Spain for the second time.
I am ready to go ahead and book one of your tours, but I need a Visa to enter Spain.
- Yes, we do help our customers to get their Visas, after a trip is confirmed and the deposit has been paid. As we are a fully licensed tour operator in Spain, after the deposit paid, we can issue the confirmation, which you later bring to Spanish Embassy/Consulate. In this letter we confirm that you booked and partly (or fully) paid for a tour with us. Please note, we do not guarantee the issue of visa and cannot influence the process. The decision is up to the Embassy, as they have their own rules and regulations for each country. At the same time, we do our best to ensure we provide assistance where possible.