Interesting facts about Spain:
1. The official name of Spain is the ''Kingdom of Spain''.
2. Spain has 2964 km of coastline and 200 different beaches.
3. The average number of sunny days in Spain comes close to 280 per year.
4. Out of all the european countries Spain is the one with the highest number of bars.
5. Spain is the largest olive oil exporter in the world and produces 44% of the world’s olive oil.
6. Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world.
7. There are 329 million native Spanish speakers in the world.
8. Spain is the only country in Europe that produces bananas.
9. Spain is the only country that considers bullfighting to be a sport. Yet bullfights are completely prohibited in the region of Cataloniaa and on the Canary Islands.
10. Tomatoes, potatoes, avocados, tobacco, and cacao were brought to Europe by Spaniards from American colonies.
11. The official language of Spain is Castilian Spanish (74%), though Catalan (17%) Galician (7%), and Basque (2%) are also spoken. The language spoken in the Basque region (Northern Spanish territory) is a unique language and not related to any other language known to man.
12. There are no laws against public nudity in Spain.
13. The most popular type of music in Spain is Flamenco.
14. Spaniards almost never have breakfast at home, they rather prefer one of the countless cafes. It is also common to have dinner late in Spain – at around 9pm.
15. Most Spaniards have two surnames: one from their mother and another from father.
16. In the restaurant ''El Diable'' on the island of Lanzarote you can eat steak grilled right over the vent of volcano.
17. The Spanish cities Ceuta and Melilla are located on the African continent.
18. After France and Italy, Spain is the third-largest country in the world when it comes to the amount of wine produced yearly.
19. The only desert in Europe is located in Spain. The so called ''Taberna Desert'' is the driest place in the country.
21. After USA and Brazil, Spain is the third country in the world with the most plastic surgery interventions.
22. There's a zipline connecting Spain and Portugal. It's 2,365 ft (720 m) and 60 seconds long.
23. When meeting someone, it is customary to give one kiss on each cheek.
24. The Madrid-Barcelona is one of the city pairs with most flights per week in the world.
25. Although many foreigners see paella as the Spanish national dish, many Spaniards don’t. That’s because most locals see the colorful rice dish as a Valencian dish, not a national one.